Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Fantastic Product And Can Also Be Advantageous For Your Health.
In this day and age of men and women are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to see that the usage of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. Another thing I would like to point out about this product is that there are plenty of different benefits available from it. You need to also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you are able to use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. If you are wondering what a few of these benefits are you ought to be pleased to know that we are going to be explaining to you in this post what a number of these benefits could be.
I’m sure you have never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can present you with plenty of benefits. For folks who wind up suffering from different types of rashes you might want to think about rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this will help you heal the rash. The primary reason this can help with rashes is on account of the antioxidants that are in this oil, but you’re also going to discover that this can be used on a daily basis to offer you younger looking skin.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been entirely proven is that it could have healing affects for example antiviral and anti bacterial. For individuals that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that removing your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be an excellent place to start. There are different vitamin companies right now contemplating the thought of marketing coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to begin receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp & grit cakes (kentucky bourbon butter sauce) recipe. To make shrimp & grit cakes (kentucky bourbon butter sauce) you need 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce):
- Take 1 lb. of shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Get of Grits:.
- Provide 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Provide Dash of salt and pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of grits.
- Provide 1 Tbs. of butter.
- Use 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Use of Sauce:.
- Provide 2 Tbs. of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 cup of bell pepper, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of shallots, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 cup of ground sausage (mild or medium hot).
- Provide 2 Tbs. of butter.
- Take 1 Tbs. of garlic (minced).
- Use 1/2 Tsp. of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Take 1/4 cup of light cream.
- Provide 1/2 Tsp. of paprika.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped.
- Get 1 Tbs. of Kentucky Bourbon.
Instructions to make Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce):
- Prep and clean the shrimp. Season with Cajun seasoning and paprika. Set aside in refrigerator..
- For the grit cakes: Prepare the grits according to the package instructions. Use stock instead of water. Stir the grits every 4-5 minutes while cooking..
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. Pour the grits into a pie plate and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour..
- Use a ring mold (or ramekin), cut out small cakes from the plate. Flour the cakes and pan fry them until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep them warmed in the oven..
- For the sauce: Using a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the bell pepper for 3-4 minutes and then add the shallots and sauté for another 2 minutes..
- Add the ground sausage. Brown the meat while breaking it up into smaller pieces. Stir the vegetables and meat together. Place them to one side of the pan..
- Add the butter, shrimp, garlic, and pepper flakes and sauté until the shrimp begins to just turn pink..
- Mix together the full pan and add the cream. Season with paprika and thyme and gently stir in the scallions..
- Heat the cream until it slightly thickens. Add the bourbon, stir, and heat for one more minute..
- Plate the grit cake and spoon the shrimp sauce over the cake and garnish with a green onion. Enjoy..
If you find this Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.