Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Har Cheong Gai
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to har cheong gai | shrimp paste chicken recipe. To make har cheong gai Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken:
- You need 4.5 TBSP of Granulated Sugar,.
- Get 3 TBSP of Lee Kum Kee's Shrimp Paste,.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Tapioca Starch,.
- Get 3 TBSP of Rice Flour,.
- You need 3 TBSP of Shao Xing / Hua Diao Wine,.
- Provide 3 TBSP of Oyster Sauce,.
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- Get 3 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Use Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Use of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- Use Pinch of White Pepper,.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Lee Kum Kee's Plum Sauce,.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Lao Gan Ma's Chili Crisp,.
- Provide Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Use 1 kg of Chicken Flats,.
Instructions to make Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken:
- In a large bowl, add sugar, shrimp paste, tapioca starch, rice flour, Shao Xing wine, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir to combine well and until smooth, making sure no large lumps. Add in eggs, salt, pepper and mushroom powder. Whisk until well combined..
- Add in the chicken flats. Toss and coat the chicken well with the batter. Make sure the chicken is fully submerged in the batter..
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge overnight. Prepare a dutch oven with 2 inches of oil over medium heat. *To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick. If bubbles start to form around the chopstick, the temperature of the oil is ready for frying.*.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently drop the chicken into the oil away from you. *Do not discard the marinade.* Spoon some of the marinade over the chicken to create a crispy skirt. Deep fried until golden brown on both sides..
- Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix plum sauce and Lao Gan Ma's chili crisp well. This will be the dipping sauce. Serve the chicken immediately with the dipping sauce..
If you find this Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.