Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that you need to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the total health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? If you want to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Know that blueberries are great for your heart. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene helps the body be better at breaking down cholesterol as well as fats. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to accumulate in your body and or cause problems for your heart. That, in effect, helps your heart be in tip-top shape.
There are many foods that you can eat that are great for your body. It’s true that each of the food brought up in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly great, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Try introducing these healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart is going to be much healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cod with smashed potatoes recipe. You can have roasted cod with smashed potatoes using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- You need 2 of salt cod fillets.
- You need 2 of Green peppers.
- Take 8-10 of small potatoes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use as needed of Milk.
- Provide of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
Instructions to make Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- To remove the salt from the salted cod. Place in cold water with the skin up for 24 hours. Changing the water every couple of hours..
- Pat dry the cod with kitchen roll to remove any excess water..
- In a bowl soak the cod in milk and a pinch of black pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours..
- Discard the milk and again pat dry the cod with kitchen roll..
- Boil the potatoes whole with skin on in salted water until soft. Then drain well..
- Using the back of a spoon or your fists squash the potatoes until they break..
- Put the potatoes in an oven tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake until crispy. My potatoes took about 50 minutes or so..
- Put the peppers whole on a tray and roast at the same time as the potatoes. Roast until the outside skin is charred. Allow to cool or run under cold water and then peel the skin and slice the peppers.
- Grill the cod on both sides for 4-5 minutes either on a grill pan or on the bbq..
- Lastly in a small frying heat a good amount of olive oil and then gently fry the garlic for less than a minute..
- Plate up the cod, potatoes and roasted peppers then drizzle with the olive oil and garlic..
If you find this Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.