Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Laxpudding – Swedish salmon gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Laxpudding – Swedish salmon gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already know that the body calls for a heart that is strong and healthy. Of course, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the overall health of your heart. Do you know, however, that some specific foods are great for making your heart be healthier? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, continue reading.
Fish is possibly the best food you can eat up. You’re probably already aware of this because your doctor has advised you to ingest some fish at least two or three times every week. This is particularly true for people whose hearts are unhealthy. Fish is rich in Omega 3s which are what helps process and turn unhealthy cholesterol into healthy energy. Try to eat fish a couple of times every week.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are beneficial for your body. It’s true that everything brought up in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially great, though, for improving your heart health. Begin incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet daily. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to laxpudding – swedish salmon gratin recipe. To cook laxpudding – swedish salmon gratin you need 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Laxpudding – Swedish salmon gratin:
- You need 1 kg of potatoes.
- Take 200 g of smoked or marinated (gravad) salmon.
- You need 250 g of eggs (4 large).
- Use 200 ml of milk, cream or a mix of the two.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Prepare of Dill.
- Get of Butter.
Steps to make Laxpudding – Swedish salmon gratin:
- Cook the potatoes briefly, 10-15 minutes, in salted water.
- Peel (optional) the potatoes, cut them in 2 cm slices..
- Put half the potatoes in an oven dish, cover with slices of salmon..
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped onion and some chopped dill..
- Cover with the rest of the potatoes..
- Whisk together the egg and cream, season with salt and pepper and pour evenly over the potatoes. In the right size dish the potatoes should fill the dish and the liquid should fill a little more than half (it will expand while cooking)..
- Top the dish with some chopped dill and some slices of butter, evenly distributed..
- Cook in the oven at 230C for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and the egg mixture has completely set..
- Traditionally, the dish it's served with some melted butter poured on top. Nice sides includes salad, green peas, and Swedish pickles. Some people (me included) serve with lingonberry jam (you'll find it at IKEA!), but this is a point of contention….
- Another controversy is whether to use smoked or marinated salmon. Personally I have no preference, both are nice! But smoked salmon is easier to find outside Sweden (except maybe at IKEA)..
- A light lager type beer is almost mandatory! Traditionally it is served with some aquavit on the side!.
If you find this Laxpudding – Swedish salmon gratin recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.