Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sig's German Oven Potato Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's German Oven Potato Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's German Oven Potato Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already know how essential it is to have a heart that is healthy. After all, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that getting regular exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for making your heart feel better? In this article, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Beans, unbelievably, are really good for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans might not be the best for your nose, but they are very healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, though, that simply consuming beans will undo the damaging effects of eating unhealthy foods or make your heart better by magic. What is true, however, is that including green beans on your Caesar’s salad in place of chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a superb course of action to take. The good news is that beans are tasty–good enough that you are likely to not miss the beef or chicken.
There are many foods that you can eat that are great for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly great, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet regularly. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's german oven potato cake recipe. To make sig's german oven potato cake you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sig's German Oven Potato Cake:
- Get 800 grams of good flavourful mashing potato, of choice.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt or salt substitute.
- Use 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
- Get 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Use 175 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter for greasing of spring form 26cm diameter.
- Take 12 slice of bacon of choice (I use vegetarian for myself).
- Use 3 of small onions or large shallots.
- You need 30 grams of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 200 grams of gouda and/or edam cheese, or you can use any other cheese that melts well.
- Get 150 grams of sour cream.
- Provide 3 of small eggs.
Steps to make Sig's German Oven Potato Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 200C°.
- Boil potatoes in skin in salted water for 20 minutes. Pour away the boiling water.Rinse under cold water and cool slightly. Carefully peel the potatoes..
- Leave the potatoes to cool further, then break them down into a mash, without adding anything.I use a potato ricer ot a blender for this..
- Mix the flour with the mashed up potatoes and make this into a dough of sorts. Season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg..
- Grease a 26 cm diameter spring form with the tablesppon of butter Then press the dough into the form creating a good edge..
- Keep a slice of bacon for each person aside, chop up the rest.Chop the onions finely. Saute both, then drain them on kitchen towel and sprinkle over the base of the potato in the spring form on the rest of butter..
- Grate or chop up the cheese of choice, you can use more than one variety..Mix with eggs and soured cream. I use a blender for this..
- Pour the cheese mixture over the bacon and onion pieces.
- Put the cake into your preheated oven. Bake in oven at 200 C° gas 3 for about 50 to 60 minutes, When it gets towards the end of cooking time cover the potato cake with foil so that it does not go to brown..
- Fry the rest of the bacon garnish the top of the cake with it to your liking. Serve hot or at room temperature, on its own or next to grilled lamb or other meats and salad.
If you find this Sig's German Oven Potato Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.