Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your Heart with The Right Foods.
You already are aware that you should have a healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the general health of your heart. However, did you know that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve the health of your heart? In this article, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Believe it or not, beans are truly great for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of ingesting beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are very healthy for you. This doesn’t mean that the simple act of eating beans will counterbalance the effects of other bad foods you might be eating. What we are saying is that substituting in kidney beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger rather than a beef hamburger is a great idea. Fortunately, beans are very tasty and you never know…you might not even miss consuming real meat.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can add to your diet that will be beneficial for your body. It’s true that every food mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially great, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Begin consuming these foods regularly. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki recipe. To cook chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki:
- Get 1 (400 g) of can of Chickpeas, drained.
- Use 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Provide of Drizzle of garlic infused olive oil.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Provide 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Use of Flour to dust.
- Take 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/4 of small red cabbage, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of radish, sliced finely.
- You need of To garnish fresh coriander.
- Get 1/2 of cucumber, grated.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need To taste of pepper.
Instructions to make Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki:
- Drain the chickpeas from canned brine. And add to a bowl. With a potato masher, mash the chickpeas..
- In a dry pan on medium heat, toast the cumin, cumin seeds, paprika for 1 minute until fragrant. Add to the mashed chickpeas. Then add the garlic, chopped onion, chopped coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine..
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice(reserving the other for the tzatziki) and a good drizzle of olive oil to the chickpea mix, mold to form balls. Dust lightly with flour..
- In a pan, on medium-high heat, heat the oil and fry the falafel until golden brown on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper. For a healthier option, instead of frying, you can bake the falafel in the oven till golden brown..
- To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber in a small bowl and squeeze out all liquid from the grated cucumber. Once all moisture has been drained, add to this 1/2 cup of plain double cream yoghurt, a drizzle of olive oil, a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to combine..
- Chop the cabbage finely along with the radish..
- To assemble, toast the pita breads in the toaster or oven. Cut in half, and make slits in the middle to form a pocket, add the chickpea falafel balls, spread the tzatziki along the sides add red cabbage and radish. Garnish with fresh coriander and a drizzle of more tzatziki. Enjoy! :).
If you find this Chickpea falafel with toasted pita breads and tzatziki recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.