Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already realize that the body requires a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that working out on a regular basis and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? In this article, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Do you remember being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are high in things that will keep your heart healthy. They’re high in soluble fiber which works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. Eating a single Red Delicious apple each day can trigger as much as an eight percent drop in your bad cholesterol levels. That’s a fantastic number for an individual who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can include in your diet that will be good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are essentially great, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try to start consuming these hearty foods each day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cupcakes recipe. You can have lemon meringue cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- Use of For the cake.
- Get 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Provide 175 g of self-raising flour.
- Get 175 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Get 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Use 1-2 tbsp of milk (if mixture is too stiff).
- Take of For the lemon curd filling.
- You need 115 g of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare 30 g of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Get 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Take of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of Freshly grated zest 1 lemon.
- Prepare of For the lemon meringue frosting.
- Prepare 170 g of caster sugar.
- Use 3 of large egg whites (112g roughly).
- Provide 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
Steps to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes:
- First, make the lemon curd. In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice over a fairly low heat, whisking all the time, until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk. This will take around 12-15 minutes. Once thickened, immediately pour the curd through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the zest and set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees fan and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases..
- Make the cakes: using a beater in an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, for about 2 minutes per egg. Add the lemon juice and zest before finally adding the flour and baking powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated. Add some milk if the mixture seems a little stiff..
- Divide this mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for around 15 – 18 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when put into the cakes. Set aside to cool completely..
- While your cakes are cooling, get started on your meringue frosting. Heat all the frosting ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (ideally one that attaches to your free-standing electric mixer) over a Bain marie. Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reached a temperature of around 70-75 degrees C..
- Remove from the heat, put back to your free standing mixture and whisk on high for roughly 8-10 minutes until your meringue has doubled, even tripled in size, is glossy and stiff..
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the middle of each cupcake. You can do this using an Apple corer or a large piping nozzle. Place a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cupcake to the top..
- Pipe your meringue frosting onto each cupcake and blast the tops with a chefs blow torch, or place under a grill on a high setting to toast the meringue. Keep an eye on them! They will colour very quickly. Enjoy!.
If you find this Lemon Meringue Cupcakes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.