Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vanilla and Lemon cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vanilla and Lemon cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Really A Wonderful Product And Can Also Be Beneficial For Your Health.
Many folks do not realize that coconut oil has a large amount of benefits to it and is actually something you should be using regularly. One more thing I want to mention concerning this product is that there are tons of different benefits available from it. Another thing I would like to mention about the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something that can be used internally or externally, it’s a thing that can be used for both. Coconut oil is much more advantageous than other oils you are able to purchase and in this article we are going to be telling you why.
For those of you who have difficulties shedding weight you’re in addition going to see that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose some weight much easier. Actually studies have shown that men and women can wind up burning off three times more calories by simply utilizing this simple product inside their diet. The to so for any person on a weight loss program who’s not losing weight as quickly as they’d like, you may find that a adding this into your diet can be a terrific benefit. By speeding up your metabolism and burning off fat you should also understand that this turns into energy inside your body helping you feel more energized.
Another thing I want to point out is that there’ve actually been scientific studies performed which show that coconut oil could have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For individuals who are looking to live a healthier life you may find that getting rid of your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be an excellent place to start. Something you may possibly or may not realize is that within a really short time period there will be vitamin supplement companies promoting the use of coconut oil supplements, but you can get the jump on this.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vanilla and lemon cake recipe. You can cook vanilla and lemon cake using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vanilla and Lemon cake:
- Use of Dry ingredients.
- Provide 100 gms of All-purpose flour/Maida.
- Get 25 gms of Cornflour.
- Use 3/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- You need 50 gms of sugar (powdered).
- Use 3 tsp of Lemon zest.
- Use 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 60 gms of Room temperature unsalted butter.
- Take 2 of eggs (room temperature).
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract/ essence.
- Provide of For the syrup to drizzle.
- Get 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of water.
- Get of For the icing.
- Prepare 90 gm of icing / powdered sugar.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of Lemon juice (may require more or less).
- Provide of For decorating.
- Get 3 tsp of Pistachio slivers.
- Provide 2 tsp of Dried rose petals.
Steps to make Vanilla and Lemon cake:
- Mix all the dry ingredients except sugar, zest and saffron…. shift the mix so that there are no lumps..
- Prepare 5 inches cake tall tin (you may use bigger than this) by putting a butter paper at the base and greasing if with butter and dusting with flour..
- Preheat oven at 180°C or preheat the cooker or vessel (with a stand inside & salt if you are using)if baking on gas stove like me, which I am presently doing it and enjoying..this time I used the smallest gas burner of the gas stove..
- In a separate bowl take butter and sugar (powdered for quick and easy blending) and whip it using an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, then add in the eggs one at a time and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and milk too and mix..
- Now add in the dry ingredients in three parts to the wet ingredients mix and make a smooth batter, add in the lemon zest and saffron too..
- Pour in the prepared cake tin and bake it for 30 minutes on high flame (small burner) and 10 minutes on low flame (your cake will brown beautifully) in the preheated vessel or in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or till the skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean..
- While the cake is baking prepare the sugar syrup drizzle. Mix all and put it on the flame and cook till the sugar melts and mix. Once done let it cool. Once cake is done and out of oven, poke holes on the cake with a skewer and with the help of silicon brush, drizzle the syrup on the cake, wait for the cake to absorb the syrup, don't pour all the syrup at one go..
- Let it sit for sometimes in the cake tin and then cool it on a wire rack….let it come to room temperature….may take 1-2 hours. After that you can chill in the fridge too but I skipped it as I had shortage of time and it's winter now..
- Prepare the icing..put the lemon juice little at a time to the icing sugar…till you get a desired thick consistency (it should not be too runny also)…..then slowly pour and spread it on the cake….it will drip down a bit….I didn't use the whole icing….I just gave a thin layer…..it was a lightly sweetened cake with a hint of tanginess. Decorate it with pistachio slivers and dried rose petals or anything you would like to decorate with. Bon Appetit!!!.
If you find this Vanilla and Lemon cake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.