Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that the body needs the heart to be healthy. Consider this: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Believe it or not, beans are truly great for the health of your heart. It’s true that your nose won’t appreciate them so much, especially the after effects of consuming beans, but they’re very healthy food items. This does not mean, though, that simply consuming beans will make your heart be a lot healthier or counterbalance the effects of unhealthy foods you might be eating. What we do mean is that substituting in beans or edamame for the chicken on your green salad or eating a soy burger rather than a beef hamburger is a superb idea. The good news is that beans taste good–good enough that you may not miss consuming beef or chicken.
There are lots of foods out there that that are great for your body. It’s true that everything mentioned in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly great, however, for improving your heart health. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart is going to be so much heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted pork belly with ras el hanout apple sauce and fennel and mint salad recipe. To cook roasted pork belly with ras el hanout apple sauce and fennel and mint salad you need 29 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad:
- Get of Pork.
- Get 1.4 kg of boneless pork belly, rind scored.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Take 2 tbs of Ras el Hanout spice.
- Use 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, bruised.
- Prepare 2 tbs of ground fennel.
- Provide 300 ml of white wine.
- Get 8 of peppercorns.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 L of chicken stock.
- Take of Apple sauce.
- You need 4 of apples, peeled, cored, chopped.
- You need 3 tbs of caster sugar.
- Take 2 tbs of water.
- You need 2 tsp of Ras el Hanout.
- Provide of Carrot puree.
- Provide 1 kg of carrots, peeled.
- You need 100 g of cream.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Take of Fennel & mint salad.
- Take 60 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of lemon juice.
- Use 6 of baby fennel, thinly sliced.
- Use 1/2 bunch of mint leaves.
- Provide 4 of radishes, thinly sliced.
Instructions to make Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad:
- The night before, place the pork in a dish and sprinkle the rind with salt. Place on the bottom of the shelf of the fridge, uncovered, overnight. This should help draw out the moisture and dry out the rind to make delicious crackling..
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C. Take the pork out of the fridge and bring to room temperature. Pat it dry and rub with oil, Ras el Hanout and salt..
- Place the remaining ingredients – chopped carrots, chopped onion, chopped celery, bruised garlic, ground fennel, white wine, peppercorns, bay leaves, chicken stock – in a big, deep roasting dish. Place the pork, rind-side up on the veg, making sure not to get the rind wet. Roast for 2.5 hours..
- For the carrot puree, place the carrots in a pot of cold seasoned water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until soft. Drain..
- Return carrots to pot, add the butter, cream, salt and pepper and blitz with stick blender until smooth. Set aside..
- To make the apple sauce, place all the ingredients – peeled cored chopped apples, castor sugar, water and Ras al Hanout – in a small pot over low heat. Cook, covered until soft and thick, stirring occasionally. Season and blitz with a stick blender until smooth..
- To make the salad, combine the fennel, mint and radishes. Put the oil and the lemon juice and salt and pepper in a jar and shake until emulsified. Combine all salad ingredients and set aside..
- When the pork is soft and ready, turn the oven to grill and let the crackling begin. If that doesn't work, remove the rind serve without crackling..
- Cut the pork into rectangular pieces and serve with the veg from the roasting pan, carrot puree, apple sauce and salad. Enjoy!.
If you find this Roasted Pork Belly with Ras el Hanout Apple Sauce and Fennel and Mint Salad recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.