Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mille feuille or custard slice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mille feuille or custard slice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Many Of You May Possibly Not Recognize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
Coconut oil is going to be something that can actually help individuals live a longer and healthier life and something you ought to start using today. Another thing I want to point out relating to this product is that there are a lot of different benefits available from it. Another thing I want to point out regarding the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it is something that can be used for both. Coconut oil is far more advantageous than other oils you are able to purchase and on this page we will be telling you why.
One more thing a large number of people would never do with any traditional sorts of vegetable oils would be to use this directly on their skin, but this is recommended when it comes to coconut oil. For men and women who end up suffering from different types of rashes you may want to consider rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this will help you heal the rash. The main reason this can help with rashes is on account of the antioxidants which are in this oil, but you are in addition going to find that this can be used on a daily basis to provide you with younger looking skin.
There’s currently studies being done that are leading people to the conclusion that coconut oil can possibly fight off bacterial and viral infections inside the body, nevertheless this is not yet been proven. For people who are looking to live a healthier life you might find that removing your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a terrific place to start. Something you may or may not realize is that within an extremely short period of time there will be vitamin supplement organizations advertising the utilization of coconut oil supplements, but you can get the jump on this.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mille feuille or custard slice recipe. You can have mille feuille or custard slice using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mille feuille or custard slice:
- Get 250 g of puff pastry.
- Use 45 ml of castor sugar.
- You need of Pastry cream.
- You need 30 g of Flour, cake.
- Get 180 g of sugar, castor.
- Get 500 ml of milk.
- Get 6 of egg yolks.
- Get 5 ml of vanilla essence.
- Use 30 g of butter.
- Get of Topping.
- Prepare 125 ml of icing sugar.
- Take 10-15 ml of lemon juice.
- Provide 30 g of chocolate.
Instructions to make Mille feuille or custard slice:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Divide cold puff pastry into 3 pieces. Roll into 3 rectangles as thin as possible. Does not have to be neat rectangles as is it will be cut..
- Take a baking sheet and turn it upside down. Sprinkle castor sugar on sheet. Place puff pastry on sugar. Sprinkle castor sugar on pastry and place another baking sheet on top with bottom touching pastry. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- As soon as it comes out of oven immediately cut edges of making three pastry layers the exact same size..
- Pastry cream: sift cake flour and castor sugar together. Whisk 1/4 of the milk into the egg yolks, then add the flour and castor sugar and whisk until completely smooth.
- Heat remaining milk in a pot. As soon as the milk comes to a boil, whisk approximately one-third of it into the egg-and-flour mixture and blend completely. Pour the egg mixture into the pot..
- Stir constantly until the custard thickens. As it thickens, the custard will go through a lumpy stage. Although you should not be alarmed, you should increase the speed of you stirring. Continue to stir vigorously, and it will smooth out and thicken just before coming to a boil. Add vanilla essence.
- Allow pastry cream to boil approximately 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pastry cream from the heat and immediately pour it into a clean mixing bowl..
- Fold in the butter until melted. Do not overmix, as thus will thin the custard. Cover by placing plastic wrap in the surface of the custard. Chill in a an ice bath..
- Topping: Mix icing sugar and lemon juice together until it forms a thick paste. Melt chocolate and add a tablespoon of icing sugar to melted chocolate..
- Assembly: place puff pastry sheet on plate. Pipe pastry cream and again another layer of puff pastry. Top with pastry cream and add last puff pastry sheet. Decorate with icing sugar and chocolate..
If you find this Mille feuille or custard slice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.