Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy butternut soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy butternut soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already know that you must have a strong and healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy too. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. However, did you know that there are some foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? If you want to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Can you remember when your mom and dad would remind you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? The truth is that apples have lots of minerals and elements that keep your heart healthy. They have tons of soluble fiber which acts sort of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. Just one Red Delicious apple each day can make your bad cholesterol levels fall by as much as 8%! That’s a terrific number if you’re trying to improve your heart health!
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. To be sure, the foods listed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly wonderful, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to begin consuming these heart-healthy foods on a regular basis. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy butternut soup recipe. To cook spicy butternut soup you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy butternut soup:
- Prepare 1.5 kg of butternut chopped into small chunks.
- Prepare 2 of leeks washed and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped.
- Get 1.5 litres of water to cover contents in pot.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt and a little extra reserved for croutons.
- Take 1 pinch of cracked black pepper plus a little extra for topping of soup.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Take 1 slice of stale bread.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of olive oil and extra to drizzle over soup.
- Get 1 of dollop of cream(optional).
Steps to make Spicy butternut soup:
- On a medium heat, sauté the onion and leek and then garlic in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. When the onion is translucent, add the pumpkin and leave to caramelize for 5-10 minutes..
- Add vegetable/chicken stock and water. Allow to simmer on a medium to low heat for 25-30 minutes or until the pumpkin has a really soft consistency..
- If you own a stick blender, blend to a smooth consistency or if you're like me, you like your soup chunky, serve with crisp croutons.
- To make the croutons, take a slice of stale bread and chop roughly, spread on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve whilst warm and crisp, top the soup with your croutons, an extra drizzle of olive oil and a a dollop of cream if you like..
If you find this Spicy butternut soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.