Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Scalloped Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Scalloped Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scalloped Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that the body needs a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already know that working out on a regular basis and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Did you already know, however, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthy? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Believe it or not, beans are truly great for your heart. The after effects of eating beans might not have a pleasant smell, but they’re terrific for your body. This doesn’t mean that simply eating beans will counterbalance the effects of other bad foods you might be ingesting. What this means is that substituting in edamame or red beans for the chicken on your green salad or eating a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you need to do. The good news is that beans are tasty–good enough that you may not miss the beef or chicken.
There are lots of foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly great, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Introduce these foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart is going to be a lot heartier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to scalloped potatoes recipe. You can have scalloped potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Scalloped Potatoes:
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 2 teaspoon of thyme/origanum.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Get 6 of large potatoes.
- Use 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Use 1/2 of tspn black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 1/2 of tspn salt.
- Use 3 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheese.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
Steps to make Scalloped Potatoes:
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt butter in a large pan, add your onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add flour and whisk in heavy cream and chicken stock together with the salt, black pepper and half the thyme cook for a minute till it begins to simmer on the edges. DONT LET IT BOIL. Take it off the heat.
- Slice potatoes thinly and evenly lay half of them in a greased casserole. Pour in half the sauce and sprinkle half the cheese. Evenly lay remaining potatoes, sauce and cheese..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30min. Remove foil and bake for another 30min. Sprinkle the remaining thyme and serve.
If you find this Scalloped Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.