Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already are aware that you need to have a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. But did you know that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? Keep on reading to discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Beans–seriously–are super good for your heart. The after effects of eating them may not have a pleasant smell, but they’re good for your body. This doesn’t mean that the simple act of eating beans will neutralize the effects of other unhealthy foods you might be eating. What this means is that substituting in edamame or kidney beans for the chicken on your fresh salad or eating a veggie burger in place of the hamburger is what you must do. The good news is that beans are tasty–good enough that you might not miss the beef or chicken.
There are tons of foods that you can consume that will be beneficial for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly good, though, for improving your heart health. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet regularly. Your heart is going to be so much healthier if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oven-roasted tandoori-inspired jerk chicken recipe. You can cook oven-roasted tandoori-inspired jerk chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken:
- Prepare 10-12 of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, about 1/4" deep, 2 inches long, and about an inch apart.
- Prepare of For the marinade:.
- Provide 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of lime or lemon juice.
- Take 5 Tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of dried thyme.
- Take 4 teaspoons of ground allspice.
- Take 8 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of up to 8 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero chilies.
- Take 5 of green onions, cut into 2-inch segments.
- You need 2 of shallots, coarsely chopped.
- Take 1 of one-inch piece ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- Get 1-2 teaspoons of liquid smoke.
Steps to make Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken:
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. If you want to make extra dipping sauce, reserve 2/3 cup of marinade and set aside..
- With cooking gloves on (because of the habaneros), put chicken in a large mixing bowl or other container and pour the remainder of the marinade over it, mixing it gently but thoroughly to evenly season each piece. A gallon Ziploc type bag is great for even marinating – specially if you lay all the meat in a single layer, suction all the air out of it, and lay it on its side in the fridge. Even then, you may wish to flip the bag halfway through the marinating time just to make sure..
- Let chicken marinate for at least 6 and up to 24 hours..
- An hour before cooking, take the chicken out of the fridge and lay it in a single layer on either a sturdy sheet pan (not cookie sheet) with a grill rack over it (my preferred method) or on a broiler pan with slats, skin side up, and let it come up to room temp. I mention this often, but bringing your protein up to room temp results in a better outer sear, which results in more internal juiciness..
- 20 mins before cooking, preheat your oven to 450F. Put the chicken on the center rack of the oven & roast for 45 to 55 mins, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. The chickens I use are usually about 4 pounds, & their drums and thighs aren't all that big, so 45 mins was plenty for me. If you buy drums & thighs in your typical supermarket pre-pack, it's likely that your chicken is bigger and will require somewhere between 50 to 55 minutes..
- IF YOU'RE MAKING THE DIPPING SAUCE… Preheat a small sauce pan to medium with a half Tbsp of oil in it, pour in the reserved marinade, bring to a gentle boil for 1 minute, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for another 3 or 4 minutes. Because that marinade hasn't touched chicken, technically you don't have to cook it for food safety purposes, but the caramelization and concentration of flavors that happens when you do this deepens and rounds out the sauce..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).
If you find this Oven-Roasted Tandoori-Inspired Jerk Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.