Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bobotie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bobotie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already are aware that the body calls for a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Do you know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthier? Continue reading to learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Fish is probably the healthiest food you can consume. You already know this as, by now, you’ve in all likelihood been instructed to consume fish at least a couple of times a week. This is especially true for individuals suffering from heart problems or are concerned that their hearts are unhealthy. Know that fish is rich in Omega 3s which are what helps break down and transform unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try to consume fish twice every week.
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are good for your body. It’s true that every food mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially good, however, for improving your heart health. Try introducing these foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bobotie recipe. To make bobotie you only need 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bobotie:
- Take 1 kg of beef mince.
- Prepare 5 ml of salt.
- Provide 2 ml of pepper.
- Provide 3 of onions, chopped.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Use 45 ml of oil.
- Take 15 ml of vinegar.
- Use 125 ml of apricot jam.
- Provide 125 ml of chutney.
- Take 30 ml of curry.
- Provide 15 ml of turmeric.
- Prepare 5 ml of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 of apple, grated.
- Provide 60 ml of raisins.
- Prepare 2 slices of bread soaked in 125 ml milk, squeeze out milk.
- You need of Topping.
- Provide 250 ml of milk.
- Use 3 of eggs.
- You need 5 of bay leaves.
Steps to make Bobotie:
- Heat oven to 180 Celcius. Fry the onions in oil untill soft and translucent, add garlic and fry for another minute. Add vinegar, salt and meat, stirfry until mixture is light brown and dry. Turn of heat and mix in rest of the ingredients except topping..
- Transfer mixture to a 20 x 30cm ovenproof dish, press down lightly. Beat eggs and milk until blended, pour over meat mixture, top with bay leaves..
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 180 Celcius..
If you find this Bobotie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.