Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your Heart with Food.
You already have some knowledge of how important it is to have a heart that is healthy. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? If you are interested to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Do you remember hearing the old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are packed full of things that will promote a healthy heart. They have loads of soluble fiber which acts sort of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. Eating just one Red Delicious apple every day can cause as much as an eight percent fall in your LDL levels. That’s a fantastic number for someone who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are many foods that you can consume that are great for your body. To be sure, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet each day. Your heart is going to be much better if you do!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey, sweet potato, black bean chili recipe. To cook turkey, sweet potato, black bean chili you need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili:
- You need 14 oz of Sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 3/4 inch chunks.
- Get 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of Sea Salt.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of Yellow onion diced.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- Take 28 oz of Tomatoes plus their juices.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Take 14 oz of black Bens cooked or canned.
Steps to make Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili:
- Preheat oven to 400. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Toss sweet potato chunks with 2 tablespoons of the oil until well coated, then spread on baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with Sea Salt. Roast for about 20 minutes stirring a few times. Let cool..
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Once oil simmers, add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, chili powder, & sea salt, stirring to coat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until softened..
- Add turkey cook stiring until meat is cooked through & moisture had evaporated about 20 minutes..
- Add tomatoes & juices & sea salt. Increase heat to high & add water. Once mixture boils, reduce to low heat & cook uncovered for 20 minutes..
- Stir in beans & sweet potatoes, taste & adjust seasoning as needed. Cook for 15 minutes to blend flavors..
- Divide among individual bowls. Serve hot..
If you find this Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.