Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know how crucial it is to have a healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already understand that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the total health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? If you would like to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Fish is perhaps the best food you can ingest. You already know this because, by now, you’ve in all likelihood been instructed to consume fish at least two times each week. This is particularly true for individuals whose hearts are not in good shape. Know that fish is loaded with Omega 3s which are what helps break down and turn unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try to include fish in two meals each week.
There are plenty of foods that you can eat that are beneficial for your body. It’s true that each of the food discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil salad with roasted butternut squash and potatoes recipe. You can cook lentil salad with roasted butternut squash and potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes:
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled and cubed butternut squash.
- Prepare 4 of small potatoes, scrubbed and cubed.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Use 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 150 g of green lentils.
- You need 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare of Dressing:.
- Take 2 Tbsp of vinegar, more to taste.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of whole grain mustard, or to taste.
- Use 1 Tbsp of lemon olive oil or other salad oil.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes:
- Pre-heat oven to 230C /450F. Toss the butternut squash and potatoes in olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Layout on and oven pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and nicely roasted. Turn the vegetables half way through the baking time..
- While the vegetables are baking, rinse the lentils well. Put in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until soft but not mushy. Drain the lentils..
- When lentils and vegetables are done, put into a large bowl and toss together with the dressing ingredients. I recommend adding the mustard and vinegar a little at a time so you can adjust the taste to your liking..
- Lastly mix in the cherry tomatoes and serve warm immediately, or chill for later..
If you find this Lentil Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.