Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already are aware that you should have a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already are aware that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the total health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthier? Continue reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Can you recall being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples contain loads of great stuff in them to help keep your heart in good condition. Apples are rich in soluble fiber which works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. A single Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels go down by as much as eight percent! This is a great number for a person who wishes his or her heart to be healthier.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are particularly great, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart is going to be so much heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roast potatoes with duck fat recipe. To cook roast potatoes with duck fat you need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Get 2 of x k Rooster potatoes or King Edward.
- Provide 100 of x g duck fat or lard.
- Get of Enough water to cover.
- You need 3 of x tbsp salt.
- Prepare 1 of x tsp baking soda (opt).
- You need 1 of x tbsp veg oil.
- Prepare of flakey salt to finish.
Instructions to make Roast potatoes with duck fat:
- Peel and portion potatoes evenly, just make sure you pick a size and stick to it. Cover with cold water and add the salt and baking soda. The baking soda creates extra fluffy surface that will be so crispy when roasted..
- Bring potatoes to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for between 5 and 10 minutes. Do not allow the potatoes to cook fully, what you want is for the surface area to be fluffy when scraped with a knife but not soft in the centre, drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes. Then transfer back into the pot..
- Toss the potatoes around in the pan to rough up the edges, you can see in the 2nd image how fluffy the surface is. select a rimmed baking or roasting tray and add the duck fat or oil or lard..
- Space out the potatoes on the tray or trays so that there is some gaps to allow the heat to crisp up all the surface, add a little oil to stop the fat burning then roast at 230c – 450f for about 20 minutes or until the bottom edges are super crispy. Turn them over and return to the oven for a further 10 – 15 minutes..
- Serve on a plate or in a bowl for the family to dive into, I used the fork test for crispness and my god they were amazingly crunchy and fluffy in the centre. Best Roasties ever people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIc8e-qb8U&t=33s.
If you find this Roast potatoes with duck fat recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.