One good thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is possible regardless of how busy and hectic your life is. We need to get back to where it was a better idea to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, most people don't trouble themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you read about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body ceases to function properly, you cannot get a brand new one. You have to learn how to take care of your health as early as possible. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at optimum levels. sour cream and raisin meringue pie.
When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or simply eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that most people eat, it's not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer's market or health food store.Sour cream and raisin meringue pie.
Sour cream and raisin meringue pie, Nearly all grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. This aisl is filled with what are now known as superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. You will discover that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to function well. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness.
The custard is rich and creamy but not overly sweet and the delicate brown sugar meringue looks beautiful. My husbands favorite pie is Sour Cream and Raisin and he loved it. I had never had this kind of pie and thought it sounded nasty but I really did like it. Stir in egg yolks, raisins, and lemon juice.
To invent with this particular recipe, we should first provide a few element. You can invent sour cream and raisin meringue pie using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you invent that.
The ingredients needed to make Sour cream and raisin meringue pie:
- Prepare Pie crust
- Prepare 1 each prepared frozen pie crust according to package directions
- Get Filling
- Take 4 large eggs
- Take 2⁄3 cup Sugar
- Make ready 1⁄3 cup Cornstarch
- Prepare 2 1⁄2 cup Milk
- Get 1 tbsp Butter
- Make ready 1 1⁄2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Take 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Take 1 cup raisins
- Get Meringue
- Make ready 4 each Egg whites
- Get 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Get 1⁄2 tsp cream of tartar
- Get 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Pin by June Lawrence on Pies Sour cream raisin pie, Meringue recipe, Raisin pie. Stir in egg yolks, raisins and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Immediately pour into baked pie shell.
Steps to make Sour cream and raisin meringue pie:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Separate egg yolks from whites; set whites aside for meringue.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk cooking over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Slightly beat egg yolks and gradually stir about 1 cup of hot filling into yolks. Add egg yolk mixture to remaining filling in saucepan. Return to heat, bring to gentle boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, stir in butter, vanilla, sour cream and raisins. Keep filling warm, prepare meringue.
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In large mixing bowl combine egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. (About 4 minutes).
- Immediately spread meringue over hot pie filling, making sure to seal the pastry edge to prevent shrinking.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 325°F preheated oven. Remove and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill for 3 - 6 hours before serving.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Immediately pour into baked pie shell. Heap meringue onto hot pie filling; spread over filling, carefully sealing meringue to edge of. Spoon meringue over filling; spread to edge of crust. As classic as they come, a well-made sour cream-raisin pie is the perfect combination of slightly tart, slightly crunchy.
See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Moreover, you have to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won't have a weight problem again.
Green living equips you with a good diet plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.