Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Actually A Fantastic Product And Can In Addition Be Advantageous For Your Health.
Coconut oil will be something that can actually help people live a longer and healthier life and something you need to begin using today. You’re in addition going to see that there isn’t just one specific benefit that’s related to coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. You should also be aware that coconut oil isn’t just something you are able to use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you are wondering what a number of these benefits are you should be glad to know that we’re going to be explaining to you in the following paragraphs what a number of these benefits may be.
The first thing you should understand about coconut oil when you take this internally and use it for cooking is that unlike other oils it will not turn into fat in your body. The reason for this would be that the ingredients which are in coconut oil are easily turned into energy and so the coconut oil is burned off very fast. You ought to realize that you can use this oil to generate energy for your body and it’s going to also present you with energy, eliminating any sluggish feelings you might have during the day.
Another thing I would like to mention is that there’ve actually been studies performed which show that coconut oil might have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. One of the best things you are going to be able to do for your body is to start using coconut oil rather than the other oils that you might be using at this current time. Something you might or may not recognize is that within a really short time frame there will be vitamin supplement organizations marketing the use of coconut oil supplements, but you are able to get the jump on this.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce recipe. You can have rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce:
- Use of stuffed peppers.
- Prepare 3 of red bell peppers.
- You need 1/3 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1 tsp of butter or oil.
- Use 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 2 tsp of ground tumeric.
- Take 3 clove of ground, or leave them whole if you don't mind spitting them out when you eat.
- Take 1 of hot chilli, finely chopped (optional).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of rice (I use brown but basmati is good too).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, or a couple of tbs of dried.
- Take 1 pinch of pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of salt (I omit this due to the chicken stock having salt).
- Take 1 of fresh mint leaves to garnish.
- Take of mint yogurt sauce.
- Provide 1 cup of yogurt, preferably Greek.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mint leaves, chopped.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Instructions to make Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce:
- Dry-fry pine nuts over a medium heat until lightly toasted, about two minutes. Keep separate until later..
- Heat butter or oil and add onion and garlic, and the chilli if using. Cook for a few minutes until just soft, stirring often so as to not burn the garlic..
- Add the coriander, cumin and tumeric. If using ground cloves, add now too. Cook for about 30 seconds or until the spices smell aromatic, stirring..
- Add the uncooked rice and stir to coat with the spices, then pour in the stock. Add bay leaves and whole cloves, if you didn't already add ground cloves. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer, then cook covered for 30 minutes for brown rice or 15 minutes for white. Cook until the rice is cooked through and the stock is absorbed. Add more stock if the rice is getting too dry before it is cooked. (I sometimes use 1.5 cups of cooked leftover brown rice, so I halve the amount of stock and the time to cook.).
- Let the rice cool for a few minutes, and if it has clumped, use a fork to separate the grains. Remove bay leaves, and if you used whole cloves, remove them too (if you can find them, lol). Stir in the parsley and pine nuts, and pepper and salt..
- Halve the peppers and remove the stalks, seeds and membrane. Scoop the rice into the pepper halves, and if you have leftover mix, add extra to the peppers to make them heaped. Cook in a medium oven for 30 to 40 minutes, remove from oven when the peppers are tender and probably slightly charred..
- While the peppers are cooking, mix the yogurt, mint and lemon. Serve peppers with a generous dollop of the yogurt mix, and a few mint leaves to garnish. Some people prefer it without the yogurt mix (not me), so you may like to taste it before adding the yogurt..
- Eat with a knife and fork if you like the pepper skin. If you don't like the skin, use a spoon to scoop the rice and pepper flesh out, it should separate easily after having been in the oven..
If you find this Rice stuffed peppers with mint yogurt sauce recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.