Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that you must have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that working out on a regular basis and following a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, however, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Keep on reading to find out which foods are best for your heart.
Your heart can benefit if you eat blueberries. Blueberries are full of antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works in a similar way as the resveratrol in grapes. This antioxidant can help your body improve its ability to break down the fat and cholesterol you eat. When your body is efficient at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to amass in your body and or cause problems for your heart. That just means that it helps keep your heart as healthy as it can be.
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are great for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve discussed here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are especially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet regularly. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian cottage pie with cheesy carrot potato mash recipe. You can cook vegetarian cottage pie with cheesy carrot potato mash using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash:
- Use 15 ml of olive oil.
- You need 250 grams of mushrooms, sliced (use your favourite ones).
- You need 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Provide 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Get 2 of medium carrots, washed, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery, sliced.
- Get 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Use 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- Get 100 ml of red wine.
- Provide 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Take 1 can of red kidney beans.
- Get of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Take of For the mash.
- Provide 6 of large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Use 2 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Get 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 grams of butter.
- You need 200 grams of cheddar cheese, created.
- Provide of salt.
Steps to make Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash:
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the olive oil and mushrooms. Fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1min..
- Add the vegetable stock and the red wine to the pan, stirring, then add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Add the red kidney beans and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and carrots in a large pan of lightly salted water for 20 minutes or until both are tender. Drain well then add the butter, milk and salt. Mash until creamy and smooth, you can add more milk if you have to. Mix in the cheddar cheese, cover and set to one side..
- Spoon the mushroom and been mixture into a large, shallow, creased oven dish..
- Top with the carrot and potato mash, smoothing the surface. Or pipe it on..
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, Grill for the last 5 minutes to get the top golden brown. Goes great with a side portion of peas..
If you find this Vegetarian Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.