Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know how essential it is to have a healthy heart. Obviously, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that exercising regularly and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been proven to help you improve your heart health? Keep reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Blueberries are fantastic for the health of your heart. Here’s a fact: Blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This antioxidant could be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you eat. The easier it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to accumulate in your arteries and cause problems for your heart. That, in effect, helps your heart be in tip-top shape.
There are lots of foods you will find that that are terrific for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in many ways. They are especially good, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start incorporating these foods in your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy southwestern stuffed peppers recipe. To cook healthy southwestern stuffed peppers you need 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers:
- Use of stuffed peppers.
- Prepare 8 large of bell peppers, I like red or orange.
- Provide 1 lb of lean ground beef/ 93% or leaner.
- You need 1 of packet knorr brand spanish rice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of frozen corn, thawed.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of black beans, fresh or canned.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Use 1/2 cup of white onion, finely chopped.
- Use 1 of dried ancho pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of smoked spanish paprika.
Instructions to make Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers:
- Soak the ancho pepper in the hottest tap water. Cover entire chili. Let soak 15 minutes to rehydrate..
- Wash and dry peppers. Cut the very top off and remove seeds. Be careful to leave pepper whole..
- Prepare Spanish rice according to package directions..
- Remove ancho from water after the 15 minutes. Cut off stem and cut lengthwise. Remove seeds. Now give it a medium dice cut. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil..
- Add beef to pan and sprinkle with the salt. Brown beef until no pink shows. Break beef apart in skillet to resemble a crumbly texture. Remove from heat..
- In the same pan, Saute the onions for 4 minutes..
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds..
- Turn off heat. Mix in the beef to the pan and add corn, beans, diced ancho pepper, cooked rice, chili powder and paprika..
- In a small roasting dish add whole peppers. Place them close together so they will stand up..
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350°F fahrenheit in a preheated oven..
- Cook covered for 30 minutes..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
If you find this Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.