Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that many individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we live in. We have to get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of men and women think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It's impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to deal with your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. When your body wears out, you cannot exchange it for a new one, like your car. You have to look after your body while you are able to. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at top levels. baklava.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? Consuming sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? A growing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer's market or health food store.Baklava.
Baklava, Today, you can find an organic food aisle in virtually all grocery stores. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious maladies. By eating these foods, your body will more fit. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. This in turn will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently.
Choose From Our Selection Of Baklava Gifts to Send Again. Show How Much You Care with Gourmet Gifts from Harry & David. It's nice recipe but baklava is a Turkish dessert not Greek. They learned it from Turks in Ottoman era.
To invent with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can initiate baklava using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you create it.
The ingredients needed to make Baklava:
- Prepare 1 package phyllo dough, thawed
- Take 1-1 1⁄2 cup butter
- Get 1-2 cup pecans (or any other nut)
- Take 2-4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Prepare 1 cup water
- Make ready 1 cup sugar
- Get 1⁄2 cup honey
- Make ready 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
USE PISTACHIOs is the key to a more original baklava (according to my Turkish hubby). Walnuts are cheaper but pistachios definately make the baklava tastes better. Skip all those cloves and cinnamon, that stuff is for the Americanized taste. Taste the nut, butter and the good syrup.
Guide to make Baklava:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spread a layer of melted butter on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place 2 sheets of phyllo dough over it and spread them with butter. Repeat this process until you have 6-8 sheets layered.
- Combine the nuts and the cinnamon.
- Set aside about 8 sheets of phyllo dough, making sure to put a damp cloth over them. Repeat step 2, but sprinkle a small handful of nuts each time as well. Do this for your remaining phyllo dough. At some point, you may need to prepare more cinnamon nuts or melt more butter.
- Once that stack of phyllo runs out, start layering with no nuts as in step 2 with the reserved phyllo. Be sure to butter the top well to prevent it from burning!
- Using a sharp knife (dull knives will tear it apart), trim the excess phyllo off the edges and cut the baklava. You can cut it in squares, triangles, diamonds, and probably more, but I usually go with squares for simplicity.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown - keep an eye on it, as it can go from light brown to burnt within 5 minutes.
- While it is baking, prepare the glaze. Combine the water and sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to medium heat. When the sugar is fully dissolved, add the honey and vanilla. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour glaze over baklava - it should bubble and boil and seep into it. Let cool.
- Cut the baklava again, as the glaze can become slightly gummy as it cools. Enjoy! Optional: Transfer into cupcake liners for easier transport and eating.
Skip all those cloves and cinnamon, that stuff is for the Americanized taste. Taste the nut, butter and the good syrup. One in May is the Greek Hellenic Festival. My family enjoys baklava—a traditional walnut strudel. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries.
See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight gain problems.
Green living equips you with a great eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can become disease free. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits today.