Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with The Right Foods.
You already know that you need to have a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that daily exercise and a healthy lifestyle are vital in terms of the general health of your heart. Still, did you know that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? Today, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Your heart can benefit if you eat blueberries. You should know that blueberries are a rich source of antioxidants, specially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works so much like the resveratrol in grapes. Pterostilbene helps the body be better at processing fats and choelsterol. If your body can easily break down fat and cholesterol, they won’t amass in your body or cause your heart to have problems. What that means is that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are plenty of foods that are terrific for your body. It’s true that every food mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are essentially good, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Try to begin consuming these foods every day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crispy shredded chilli beef (takeaway style) recipe. You can have crispy shredded chilli beef (takeaway style) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style):
- Take of For The Beef:.
- Prepare 200 g of beef medallion steak,.
- Get 1 of baking tray of potato starch or cornflour, (around 6-7 tbsp),.
- Prepare 2 of medium eggs, beaten,.
- Get 1 tbsp of cornflour (for slurry),.
- You need of Around 350ml cold water,.
- Provide of For The Sweet Chilli Sauce:.
- Take 4 tbsp of low sugar ketchup,.
- Take 2 tbsp of organic runny honey or honey alternative,.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Take 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of HP brown sauce,.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger pureé paste, or a thumb fresh ginger, chopped,.
- Use 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt.
- Provide of Other Ingredients:.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, cut into long very thin batons,.
- Get 1/2 of a small onion cut into very thin strips,.
- You need 3 of spring onions cut long lengthways,.
- Provide 1-2 of fresh Birdseye red chillies, seeds in, cut into fine rings,.
- Use 1 tsp of MSG (optional).
- Take of Vegetable or Sunflower cooking oil.
- Use of Serving suggestions:.
- Take of Egg noodles,.
- You need of Egg fried or steamed rice.
Instructions to make Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style):
- Make a slurry (no lumps), of cold water and 1 tbsp cornflour in a bowl. Set aside. Take the beef steak. Trim off any fat. Take a piece of cling film and lay it over the beef. Using a rolling pin smash the beef out nice and thin, (unless it's already a very thin cut). This makes the meat go further and also partially tenderises it. Now using a really sharp knife, and cutting against the grain of the meat, slice the steak into really thin long strips, around 3-4mm wide..
- Place the thin beef strips into the cornflour slurry and leave to sit at room temperature, or if you'd like in a fridge for an hour. This removes the blood from the beef and makes it really soft and tender..
- Once the hour has passed, remove the beef and set upon some kitchen towel to remove any excess water. Dredge the beef into the beaten egg, then place onto the tray scattered with the cornflour until evenly coated. I'd recommend not using your hands for this but using a couple of forks to toss the strips in the cornflour/potato starch, otherwise it'll get very messy as it'll clump into your hands!.
- Heat some oil up in a wok until hot (around 1 cm deep, enough for shallow frying). Once really hot place the beef strips in to shallow fry. You may need to do this in two batches. Replenish the cooking oil if needed between batches. As the beef fries, make up the sweet chilli sauce by combining all the ingredients listed on the sauce section of the recipe. Stir until no lumps are seen..
- Once the beef is done, lay it on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil. Discard any random small chunks of batter from the beef. Next discard the tainted oil from the wok carefully. Leave enough oil to coat the wok. Add in the carrots and onion strips and stir fry for a couple of minutes then add in the red chillies and spring onion plus the MSG. Stir fry whilst moving the ingredients around the wok quickly for about 30-40 seconds..
- Add the sauce to the wok and allow it to reduce down for about 30-60 seconds until nice and thick. Add the crispy beef strips back into the wok and toss everything together until evenly coated in the sauce. Do this very quickly so the beef remains as crispy as possible. Note: potato starch usually gives a crunchier finish than cornflour as a coating but can be tricky to get hold of..
- Serve up and enjoy with your choice of side(s)! :).
If you find this Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.