Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already know that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the general health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are several foods that can help your heart be healthy? Today, you will find out which foods are great for your heart.
Know that blueberries are great for helping your heart be healthy. You’ll be glad to know that blueberries are full of antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. Pterostilbene is an antioxidant that helps the body be better at processing fats and choelsterol. If your body is able to easily break down fat and cholesterol, they won’t amass in your body or cause problems for your heart. That means that it helps keep your heart as healthy as possible.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods you will find that that are great for your body. It’s true that each of the food discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially great, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart will greatly benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys steamed cabbage with onions & peppers, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys steamed cabbage with onions & peppers, gf df ef sf nf you need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Take 1 tbsp of oil.
- Use 2 of medium onions, sliced.
- You need 2 of orange bell peppers, sliced.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Use 1 of medium head of cabbage, thinly sliced.
- Use 2 tbsp of concentrated tomato puree.
- Take 120 ml of hot chicken or vegetable stock.
- Get 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- Provide 1 tbsp of sugar / sweetener.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Use 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Take of freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
- You need of mashed potatoes to serve.
Instructions to make Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Put the oil in a large pot over a medium low heat and gently fry the onion until beginning to brown, 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and let soften for 10 minutes, stirring as required.
- Add the cabbage, tomato paste / puree and stock and put the lid on the pot. Let steam for 15 minutes until the cabbage is softened.
- Stir the pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the lid on and let steam another 15 minutes or until the liquid has all evaporated and the vegetables and very tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
If you find this Vickys Steamed Cabbage with Onions & Peppers, GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.