Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In This Post We’re Going To Be Looking At The Many Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
In this day and age of people are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to see that the utilization of coconut oil can help you accomplish this. Unlike other products you can purchase available today this device is going to have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. You should also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you are able to use inside your body to be healthy but also something you are able to use externally. In this article we are going to be looking at a few of the benefits that are connected with the use of coconut oil as compared with other oils.
Something else that many individuals would never do with any traditional sorts of vegetable oils would be to use this directly on their skin, nevertheless this is recommended with regards to coconut oil. You are going to discover that this will in fact help anybody who may possess some kind of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil offers a healing effect. There are various other advantages of making use of this on your skin such as the fact that it can provide you with a younger look and it’s also loaded with antioxidants that can be absorbed in the skin.
One more thing I want to mention is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil might have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For those of you that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a fantastic place to start. There is no doubt that in time organizations are going to be marketing coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you are aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe. You can have puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Prepare of Ingredients – main:.
- Prepare of Organic rapeseed oil.
- Use 400 g of fresh or frozen, cored & de-seeded, chopped, mixed peppers.
- You need 4 of medium sized organic carrots – topped, tailed & diced (no need to peel them if they’re organic).
- Take 1 of medium to large onion – peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic – peeled & roughly sliced.
- Use 3 sticks of celery – roughly chopped.
- You need 300 g of organic Jerusalem artichokes or potatoes (no need to peel them if they’re organic) – top, tailed where needed & diced.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Get 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 3 tbsps of cider vinegar (white wine vinegar, left over cider or white wine will work too).
- Prepare 20 of turns of the black pepper grinder.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 litre of chicken stock.
- Get 200 g of dried puy lentils.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 300 g of whole button mushrooms.
- Provide 300 g of roughly chopped cabbage.
- Get of Ingredients – topping:.
- You need 1 of whole Cauliflower including leaves & stem – quartered.
- Prepare of Cavolo nero.
Steps to make Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Add around 2 tbsb of the rapeseed oil to a roasting pan and then place the pan in the oven. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the quartered cauliflower in the hot roasting pan (you could also add some halved sweet potatoes and large chunks of squash, which are great throughout the week as a side to or as part of lunch time salads). Drizzle around 1 tbsp of the rapeseed oil over the cauliflower (use more oil if you’re adding sweet potato &/or squash). Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- While the cauliflower is baking, heat around 5 tbsps of the rapeseed oil in a large, heavy, cast iron pan with a lid – put the lid to one side. Add the chopped peppers and fry gently for a few minutes, then add the diced carrots..
- Fry them together on a medium to high heat (stirring as necessary) until they begin to go golden brown. Then add the diced carrots and fry for 10 minutes (stirring as necessary)..
- Turn down the heat down low, then add the fennel seeds and onions. Fry gently for about 10 minutes..
- Add the sliced garlic, diced Jerusalem artichokes (or potatoes) and chopped celery. Fry gently for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Fry gently for a few minutes. Then add the vinegar and deglaze the pan..
- Add the chicken stock, lentils and bay leaves. Then stir..
- Add the whole mushrooms. Do not stir. Put the lid on and turn the heat down to it's lowest setting and leave for about an hour. You may need to gently stir around the 40 minute mark, to ensure the contents do not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Place the chopped cabbage on top. Do not stir. Replace the lid and simmer for a further 15 minutes..
- Stir & then the stew is ready to serve..
- Serve with the baked cauliflower and some steamed cavolo nero on top..
If you find this Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.