Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Must Eat.
You already are certain that you need to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and work out on a regular basis. Do you know, however, that some specific foods are good for improving the health of your heart? In this article, you will find out which foods are good for your heart.
Know that fish is one of the healthiest meats out there. You’re probably already aware of this since your physician has told you to eat some fish two times or threee times a week. This is especially true for people who suffer from heart problems or are concerned that their hearts are unhealthy. Fish is loaded with Omega 3’s which are what allows your body to process unhealthy cholesterol. Try to include fish in a couple of meals every week.
There are plenty of foods that are great for your body. To be sure, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially good, however, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try to start eating these hearty foods on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed german potato dumplings (kartoffelknödel) recipe. To cook steamed german potato dumplings (kartoffelknödel) you only need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel):
- Use 500 g of Potatoes (4-5 medium ones).
- Get 1 of Egg.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped.
- Use 25 g of Flour (2 Tbsp).
- Take 25 g of Potato starch (or more flour) (2 Tbsp).
Steps to make Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel):
- Boil 4-5 medium potatoes in their skins until soft (about 20-25 minutes). Drain and let cool. Peel away the skins. (Save time by using boiled potatoes from the day before)..
- Mash the potatoes as fine as possible. Pass them through a semi-fine strainer, food mill or press if possible – this will give you the smoothest texture..
- Add the mashed potatoes, 1 egg, a good sprinkle of salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 Tbsp parsley (or other green herbs), 2 Tbsp flour and 2 Tbsp potato starch to a large bowl..
- Mix all the ingredients well. The dough should be moist but firm enough to form the dumplings without falling apart..
- Dipping your hands in cold water, form about 6-8 large dumplings.
- Grease the bottom of your steamer basket or lay in some torn cabbage/lettuces leaves so the dumplings won't stick. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until dumplings are cooked..
- Serve along with meat and gravy, thick stews, or other sauces. I had mine with a thick lentil stew and sausages!.
If you find this Steamed German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelknödel) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.