Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Old Time Beef Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Old Time Beef Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Old Time Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are aware that you should have a healthy heart. After all, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already understand that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are important in terms of the overall health of your heart. Did you already know, however, that there are several foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Today, you will learn which foods are great for your heart.
Remember when your mother and father would tell you an apple a day keeps the doctor away? Apples are loaded with things that will keep your heart healthy. Appleas contain tons of soluble fiber which functions sort of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t collect and build up into blockages. Consuming a single Red Delicious apple daily can trigger as much as an eight percent fall in your LDL levels. This is a great number for someone who wants his or her heart to be healthier.
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are beneficial for your body. No doubt, the foods listed in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are especially great, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try to introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet daily. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's old time beef stew recipe. You can cook mike's old time beef stew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Old Time Beef Stew:
- Prepare of Old Time Beef Stew.
- You need 3 lb of Boneless Beef Chuck.
- Take 3 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- Use 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder – Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Each: Onion Powder – Italian Seasoning – Black Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Bay Leaf [optional].
- Get 2 tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1 large of White Onion [quartered].
- Use 3 large of Celery Stalks [1" chop].
- Take 3 large of Carrots [peeled – 1" chop].
- Prepare 4 large of Potatoes [washed – cut in large quarters].
- Take 1 can of 8 oz Stewed Tomatoes [optional].
- Take 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tablespoons Water Or Flour [to thicken].
Instructions to make Mike's Old Time Beef Stew:
- In a larger pot, place the cooking oil, beef roast, 2 boxes of beef broth and seasonings, in that order..
- Allow pot to simmer with lid on for 3 1/2 hours. Checking in it occasionally. By this time your beef broth will have reduced to 1/3 of what it was initially. You'll want this reduction to happen..
- With meat and broth still in pot, cut roast into larger, bite sized pieces. Your roast should be falling apart by now..
- Add your 3rd box of beef broth to the pot..
- Add all chopped vegetables to pot. Add water if you need more broth to cover your vegetables..
- Simmer 30 additional minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are fully cooked. If you'd like your broth thicker, mix 2 tablespoons Corn Starch and 2 tablespoons water and pour it into your simmering pot. It will thicken as the broth bubbles. If you'd like it thicker, add 2 tablespoons more..
- Serve with fresh, warm bread for dipping on the side..
If you find this Mike's Old Time Beef Stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.