Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Style Stewed Oxtails recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Stewed Oxtails recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already understand that regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Today, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that blueberries are terrific for your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are high in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene works pretty much like the resveratrol in grapes. This particular antioxidant helps your body to be better at processing your fats and cholesterol. The easier it is for your body to break down fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to build up in your system and cause heart problems. That means that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are a whole lot of foods that you can add to your diet that will be good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods cited in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. The foods mentioned are particularly great for the heart, though. Try to start eating these heart-healthy foods each day. Your heart will benefit greatly!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style stewed oxtails recipe. To cook southern style stewed oxtails you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Style Stewed Oxtails:
- Prepare 3 pounds of butcher cut oxtails.
- You need 3 cans of stewed tomato.
- Get 8 of thick cut gold potatoes.
- Use 2 of thick cut onion.
- Take 1 bag of baby carrots.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 cups of beef stock.
- Get 3 tablespoons of pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of thyme.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of worchestshire sauce.
- Use 4 teaspoons of curry powder.
Steps to make Southern Style Stewed Oxtails:
- Season meat and brown oxtail in skillet.
- Add all other ingredients to crockpot and stir..
- Add seasoned browned meat to pot and cover.
- In 4 hours taste for flavor add seasons as needed. I usually add curry and garlic salt. If you like a spicy soup add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes..
- Make a and serve with a pot of rice..
- At about 8 hours oxtails should fall of the bone and to thicken sauce add some flour to the sauce..
- ****Tiers Tip****** Buy your oxtails from local meat market. Ask them to butcher them. When you get home rinse the meat and season with worchestshire and any of your favorite beef seasoning. Place in a plastic sealed bag and freeze until ready to cook..
If you find this Southern Style Stewed Oxtails recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.