Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Help Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already know that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you won’t be either. You already know that exercising regularly and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. But did you know that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Do you remember when your mother and father would tell you an apple a day keeps the doctor away? Apples are high in things that will help your heart be healthier. Apples have high soluble fiber content and this soluble fiber acts as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. Just one Red Delicious apple each day can make your LDL cholesterol levels fall by as much as eight percent! That’s a terrific number for somebody who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are lots of foods that you can eat that are good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in all sorts of ways. They are essentially great, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to taiwanese fried chicken (tfc) recipe. You can cook taiwanese fried chicken (tfc) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC):
- Prepare 1 box of chicken wings or 3 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Get of Chicken marinade:.
- Take 2-3 of garlic cloves, finely minced (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of light soya sauce (I used Kikkoman brand).
- Provide 1 tablespoon of five spice powder.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of sesame oil (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of Shaoxing rice wine.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder.
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon of sugar (caster or granulated).
- Provide of For frying the chicken and basil leaves:.
- Get 1 cup of plain flour or cornstarch.
- You need 2 cups of potato flour.
- Use 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- You need of Vegetable oil, for deep-frying (or any cooking oil, enough to fully cover the chicken).
- Get of Garnish:.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of Taiwanese pepper salt spice powder for dusting (use more or less depending on preference).
- Use Handful of fried basil leaves.
Instructions to make Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC):
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and marinade ingredients together, making sure to completely coat each part of the chicken. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge. Let the chicken marinade between 30 minutes to an hour if using on the same day or over night..
- Pour cooking oil at least one inch deep into pot or wok being used for frying and turn to medium high heat. In a small bowl, crack and gently beat the egg. In a large food bag, put in the plain flour or cornstarch and the potato flour..
- When the oil is hot enough (between 160-180 degrees), tip: place the end of the chopstick into the oil, if it bubbles the oil is ready. Coat all of the chicken in the egg mixture, once fully coated, dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture. Coat evenly all over and then place into hot oil. Let chicken fry on both sides until it becomes golden brown (about 3-4 minutes)..
- Fry a few pieces of chicken at a time (about 4-5 pieces depending on the size of your pot or wok). When the chicken is done, remove and place on a baking tray lined with paper towel to drain any excess oil..
- Once all of the chicken has been cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Then going back to the oil place in handful fresh basil leaves. Tip: Be careful as the oil will splatter if basil leaves have any extra moisture of water in it and may make a popping sound. The basil leaves cook quite fast, so you only need to fry them for a few seconds. Remove once crispy. Place basil leaves on baking tray lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil..
- Now go back to the chicken and add the crispy basil leaves. Now dust generously with the Taiwanese pepper salt. Shake the bowl and toss the chicken gently to coat every piece of it. Serve immediately while pipping hot. Eat it as a snack or as a side dish accompaniment with other dishes..
If you find this Taiwanese fried chicken (TFC) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.