Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Think about it: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be either. You already know that getting regular exercise and following a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, however, that several specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Continue reading to learn which foods are best for your heart.
Can you recall being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that apples contain many great stuff in them to help keep your heart in good condition. Apples have high soluble fiber content and this soluble fiber works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from accumulating and causing blockages. Just one Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels decrease by as much as 8%! That’s a terrific number for an individual who would like to have a healthier heart.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are great for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. The foods mentioned are especially beneficial for the heart, however. Try to introduce these heart-healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe. To make holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce you only need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce:
- Use of The celeriac mash.
- Use 1/2 of a celeriac.
- Use 2 of big potatoes (I used Maris piper).
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- Provide Half of a tsp nutmeg.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Use of The duck.
- Use 2 of x duck breasts.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves bashed / skin on.
- Get sprigs of Thyme.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare of The sauce.
- Provide 4 of ripe figs.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take of Good splash balsamic vinegar.
- Get of Good splash red wine.
- Take 2 tsp of fig jam/chutney.
- You need of Water.
Instructions to make Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce:
- Chop the celeriac and potatoes and add them to a pot of cold water. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until soft..
- Once cooked, strain the vegetables and mash. Add the creme fraiche and finely grated nutmeg and keep mashing until smooth. Season and put in a warm oven..
- Prepare the duck – score the skin, season on both sides and then place the duck skin side down on a hot non-stick pan over a medium heat. Cook for 15 – 18 minutes. After about two or three minutes add the Garlic and thyme.
- Meanwhile prepare your sauce. Finely chop the figs and add to a pan with a little olive oil. Fry for 2 mins. Turn up the heat and add a good lug of red wine and allow to reduce. Then add a little sugar, the chutney and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat and allow to cook. Add water as you go to keep it saucey. Cook for about 10 minutes..
- After 15-18 minutes of cooking skin side down, flip your duck breasts and cook for another two minutes on the other side..
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest while you prepare your plates, cook your veg and make sure your celeriac is warm..
- Slice the duck (it should be pink) and serve..
If you find this Holiday inspired pan fried duck with celeriac mash and fig sauce recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.